Saturday 7 April 2012

Riusuke Fukahori - Way too cool!!!!!







Let me just say this first. WOW!!!! Ok no, to be honest, when I first saw the above pictures, my first thought was "What the f*ck!! Why are they putting these beautiful goldfishes into such confine space? For the sake of art? Where is the number to report them for fish cruelty?". Yup that's my first thought. Hey I never say I was smart k.

But upon further examination, I realize that these goldfishes are not real. Huh! They sure do look mighty real to me. And that's the brilliance I guess of artist Riusuke Fukahori. This guy paints three dimensional goldfish using a complex process of poured resin. The fish are then painted meticulously, layer by layer, the sandwiched slices revealing slightly more about the fish, similar to the function of a 3D printer. Check out this video below. This guy is just way too cool!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment