Friday 6 April 2012

For the love of lemon

I envy people with skin that thrives on water and nothing else!!!! You are sooo lucky and I dont like you haha. Unfortunately I am not one of them. I have oily skin that is prone to blemishes and I need all the help that I can get. For the past two weeks, I have been using lemon juice as a toner at night. And let me tell you, it has worked wonders for my skin.

Well how did I come about using lemon juice on my face??? Well that's a long story. My boyfriend introduced me to this brand a while back called Garnier Light. I used the whole range and absolutely adores it, especially their moisturizer. Their moisturizer is so light and it easily absorbed into my skin plus I can use it in the morning as it does not make my skin shine like a beacon. And the bonus is that Garnier Light products are cheap as chips. For me putting on moisturizer is always a tricky business. Oily skin really do restrict what I can use. No such problem with Garnier Light. But ohhh I cannot get these products where I am living now. This brand does not exist here. So I was begging my boyfriend to send me some but he is taking his sweet time as usual. So out of desperation, I checked out what makes Garnier Light soooo special. Lemon essence. Hmmm and a light bulb in my head started to flicker. I wonder if you could use lemon directly on the face. And this is where I really appreciate modern technology. I google it. Wah la all my questions are answered and so start my love affair with the humble lemon.


I went out the next day and brought some lemons. I squeeze the lemon juice into a tiny plastic container, that I cleaned so well and kept it in the fridge. At night after my shower, I took out the lemon juice. I dab my cotton ball into the lemon juice and apply it on my face. The first word that came out of my mouth was "Ahhhh" and the second word was "F*ck". The lemon juice really stung. I expected a mild sting but not like this. It was 30 seconds of fire cracker being set off on my face. I put that down to putting lemon juice on my face for the first time and having blemish prone skin. My face was a bit red after too. Bet it was caused by the citric acid in lemons. Anyway, I did not wash the lemon juice off as most website suggested. Why? Because I fell asleep that's why. Anyhow, when I woke up in the morning, I swear my face did look slightly brighter and feels a bit tighter as well. And when I washed my face, I could really feel the difference. So the pain that I endured that night was worth it. So it has been 2 weeks since I first started and I am happy to report that lemon juice as a toner does work. My skin looks a lot brighter. My skin tone has even out and my skin is a lot tighter. And it stung less with each application. My skin I guess is getting used to the lemon juice. Yahooo!!

Pro - Brighter skin, face feels tighter, less shine, very cost effective
Con - The initial sting, the temporary redness after application

You can do a google on lemon juice application on the face. Give it a try! It is really worth it!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment